Impropriety Volume 1 - CD
This CD includes all the English country dances published in Impropriety Volume I, the Country Dances of Brooke Friendly and Chris Sackett, performed by the new band Roguery.
Roguery is: Anita Anderson (piano, voice, bells, zils) and Dave Bartley (guitars, cittern, mandolin, dumbek) from Seattle, WA, Jim Oakden (recorders, clarinets, banjo, whistle , guitar, accordion) from Santa Cruz, CA, and Shira Kammen (fiddle, viola, vielle, voice) from Berkeley, CA, who met in the Rogue Valley of Oregon to record this album.
The band's varied influences include English, contra, early music, classical, Breton, Scottish, Irish, Cape Breton, Galician, French, Balkan, jazz-fusion, gospel, Scandinavian, and Greek.
Kevin Carr, of the Rogue Valley, joins the band on tracks 4, 10, 15 (uileann pipes) and 7 (lead fiddle). Brooke Friendly joins the band on tracks 3 (drum) and 14 (mando-cello and voice).
How to order
Available for purchase as digital download or CD on CD Baby.
To order CD from the Country Dance and Song Society (if you're a member you get a 10% discount), go to their online store, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-268-7426 ext. 2 (open 9:30AM - 5PM (Eastern time), Monday through Friday).
In the UK, it is available from Folk Sales/Derek and Ann Appleing.
- Heydaze (tune: Spatter the Dew) - Traditional Irish
- Cottonwood - Dave Bartley 2002
- On Wittman's Golden Floor - Todd Barton 2003
- Home Again (tune: Le Brandevin) - Robert Amyot 1990 and 2005
- The Black Cat (tune: Aislin's Jig) - Ruth Anne Fraley 2004
- Lavender (tune: The Baker's Flower) - Bo Leyden 2003
- Caravan Crossing (tune: Port Luascaigh Gan Ainm) - Traditional Irish
- Rogues' Ramble (tune: Point Adolphus) - Dave Bartley 2000
- Winter Garden (tune: Devil's Punchbowl Revisited) - Bo Leyden 2004
- A Trip to Town-O (tune: The Foxhunters) - Traditional
- At Nancy's House (tune: Elocine) - Bo Leyden 1999
- Paul's Pet Peeve (tune: Dame Durdan) - Traditional/Copper Family arranged by Chris Sackett
- Puck's Deceit (tune: The Kettle Drum) - from the English Dancing Master (Playford) 1651
- Sun Return (tune: Dehors lonc pre) - 13th-century French carol
- The Friendly Brooke (tune: The Butterfly) - Traditional Irish
- The MollyAndrew (tune: Saturday Morning Waltz) Dave Wiesler 1997
- Impropriety (tune: Millison's Jegge) - from The English Dancing Master (Playford) 1651