Impropriety Volume 3 - CD
This CD includes all of the English country dances published in Impropriety Volume III, the Country Dances of Brooke Friendly and Chris Sackett, plus X Ackley from Volume II, performed by the band Roguery.
Roguery is: Anita Anderson (piano) and Dave Bartley (guitars, cittern, mandolin, snare drum) from Seattle, WA, Jim Oakden (recorders, clarinets, tenor banjo, whistles, guitar, mandolin, accordion, gaita, bombard) from Santa Cruz, CA, and Shira Kammen (fiddle, viola, vielle) from Berkeley, CA, who met in the Rogue Valley of Oregon to record this album.
The band's varied influences include English, contra, early music, classical, Breton, Scottish, Irish, Cape Breton, Galician, French, Balkan, jazz-fusion, gospel, Scandinavian, and Greek.
Kevin Carr, of the Rogue Valley, joins the band on tracks 3 (gaita), 13 (Scottish small pipes), 16 (uileann pipes), and 18 (fiddle).
Brooke Friendly joins the band on tracks 3 (bass drum), 12 (bells), and 19 (snare drum).
How to order
Available for purchase as digital download or CD on CD Baby.
To order CD from the Country Dance and Song Society (if you're a member you get a 10% discount), go to their online store, email email@example.com or call 413-268-7426 ext. 2 (open 9:30AM - 5PM (Eastern time), Monday through Friday).
In the UK, it is available from Folk Sales/Derek and Ann Appleing.
- Hidden by Light - tune: "Trail's End" by Dave Bartley 2003
- The Bemused Benthologist - tune: "Bottom of the Brook"by Dave Bartley 2009
- Pony Express - tune: "Pony Up" by Chris Sackett 2007 from "Branle des Chevaux" Arbeau 16th Century
- Plum Thursday - tune: "The Split Rock" by Kevin Burke 1997
- Generosity - tune: "December Hornpipe" by Jonathan Jensen 2009
- Breakfast with Coyote - tune by Dave Bartley 2009
- Leaves of Autumn - tune: "Bob Mills' Draught" by Peter Barnes
- Chrysalis - tune by Chris Sackett 2009
- Dreams of Mirth - tune: "Field of Reeds" by Dave Bartley 2009
- X Ackley - tune: "Jig du Jour" by Jonathan Jensen 2007
- Footprints in the Sand - tune: "Mendocino Morning" by Peter Barnes
- The Chocolate Equation - tune: "72%" by Shira Kammen
- Rock the Boat - tune: "Brose and Butter: (Traditional)
- Sally by the Pond - tune by Debbie Jackson 2008
- We'll Bed and We'll Weed - tune: "The Last Mile" by Larry Unger, Michelle Levy, Kyle Hardman, Ken Blackwood, and Bob Anholt 2009
- Shira Delight - tune: "Kost ar'Choat" (Traditional)
- Well Met - tune: "Brooke and Chris' Waltz" by Rebecca King
- The Potter's Wheel - tune: "The Snowy Path" by Mark Kelly 1992
- Ursa Minor - tune: "The Bear Dance" (Traditional)